He's going to code!
Mark came to Acquia Universtiy with a strong information technology backround, but little Drupal experience. He had over 16 years experience in delivering solutions in aerospace, educational and government sectors. From 2003-2005, he was Vice President of Technical Development for Technology Pathways, Inc and engineered its primary application Curriculum Compass’ movement from LAN based to an Internet SAAS product. Mark is a veteran of Operations Desert Storm and Enduring Freedom.
After Acquia University
Since joining Acquia in January 2012, he has worked with enterprise clients to deliver modern robust web experiences in Drupal and transitioned into a Technical Consultant role within the Professional Services group in August 2012. Mark leverages his platform and development experience to architect and optimize large-scale Enterprise Drupal installations as an infrastructure and integration specialist. In 2014, Mark was promoted to Senior Technical Architect in Professional Services, and works on enterprise accounts like BART.gov and Fortune 100 accounts for Acquia. When not performing feats of unbeliveable module development, he take time out to play chess with coworkers and is an avid outdoors-person and hiker. He is an active member of the returning veterans recruiting initiative and would be happy to speak with anyone interersted.
• Drupal module development, site architecture and technical management (Drupal 6/7)
• Apache Solr Search architecture and development
• Networking and Linux/Unix systems design and admiration
• SQL and No-SQL database design, implementation, and management (MySQL, Mongo, MS-SQL, Oracle)
• Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer since 1997
• Agile software development process